Address: ABC dance academy, Avenida 1 and Calle 34, Varadero
Phone: (53 45) 61 2623
Opening hours: Every day, from 8 am to 8 pm.
Organised through Paradiso, a state-run cultural agency, this academy is the perfect place for those who want to learn or improve their skills with typical Cuban dances such as salsa, mambo, rumba, danzon, cha cha cha. They also offer Cuban Percussions lessons (same prices as dance lessons). This place used to be part of the “Casa del la Cultura Los Corales”, which is now split into the dance academy and an art gallery called Espacio 34.
Every year the ABC dance academy hosts the “Varadero Baila, Festival Internacional de Balladores de Salsa”, a salsa festival held in July. This event is organised by the Cuban Agencia Paradiso Turismo Cultural (part of the ARTEX group).
Dance classes everyday at: 10:00 / 13:30 / 16:30
(for each person 13 years and more, free for children 6 to 12)
- Dance lesson 2 hours, no transfer: 19 CUC
- Dance Mini-Course, three lessons (2 hours each, no transfer): 49 CUC
- Dance Course, 12 classes (8:30 to 11:30 am, with transfer): 149 CUC
- Dance Course + show, five lessons (10 hours) + show ticket for the Buena Vista Social Club Project concert: 69 CUC
- Free Bonus: ABC Matinée Salsera “Dancing with the Teacher” every Thursday at 5:00 pm.
All classes include An interview with the teacher to organise the dance lesson and level, a 2 hours dance lesson with a partner, one professional instructor every eight persons, one 500 ml bottle of water, documentation about dance in Varadero and Cuba in general.
Call the Varadero Holiday experts free on 0800 270 7644 to book your Cuban dance holiday! We can also put you in touch with leaders at the ABC Dance Academy in Cuba.